7803 Lorrain Road, Hayes, LA
Lorrain Park is open from 5 a.m. - 11 p.m. daily.
• Boat Launch: Lorrain Park has a public boat launch allowing access into the Lacassine Bayou. Two wharves are available at the launch site. A fish cleaning area is also provided for the convenience of park users.
• Camping: This park has tent camp sites and nine (9) RV camper sites with electricity available. A dump station is available for RV campers. For rental information, refer to the Lorrain Park rates and regulations page here.
• Pavilion: A small open air pavilion is available at no charge to the public. No reservations are required and it is available to the public on a first come, first serve basis.
• Picnic: Picnic sites are spread throughout the park.
• Public restrooms with showers are available.
• Points of Interest: This park is located at the foot of Lorrain Bridge. Because of its unique design and construction, Lorrain Bridge is being considered for placement in the National Register of Historical Sites. The site was acquired in 1894 and the bridge was constructed around 1895 as a wooden type draw bridge. In 1920, it was re-constructed, still as a wooden draw type bridge. It was damaged in 1950, repaired in 1951, and in 1955 the draw bridge portion was disabled. The bridge remained open and connected Calcasieu Parish and Jeff Davis Parish until it was closed to traffic in March of 1998. Due to joint efforts of the Lorrain Bridge Association, the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and Jeff Davis Police Jury, the bridge was rebuilt and opened to traffic on July 1, 2004.
For questions regarding Parish Parks or the pavilion availability, please call (337) 721-3540, Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No commercial or fundraising activities are allowed at these facilities.
Users of these facilities are responsible for cleanup.