Born in Arlington, Virginia and raised in Centreville, Virginia. Moved to the Lake Charles area (Moss Bluff) in the fall of 1981. Married to Belinda Milford in 1983 and has three children: Savannah (Justin) Foreman; Billy, Jr. (Madison); and Sarah. He has two grandchildren, Parker Ray Foreman and William Avery Sommers, III.
High School: Graduated from Chantilly High School in 1981.
College: Graduated from McNeese State University in December, 1984 with a BS in Criminal Justice.
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS:
- Local coordinator of the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative (JDAI)
- Chairman of the Calcasieu Parish Children and Youth Planning Board
- Board of Directors for the Louisiana Drug and Specialty Courts
- Board of Directors for the American Probation Parole Association (District 7)
- Certified Juvenile Court Administrator through the National Juvenile and Family Court Judge’s Association
- Member of the National Association of Probation Executives
- Notary Public for Calcasieu Parish
- Deacon of the First Baptist Church in Gillis
- Avid supporter of McNeese State University athletics
- Received Don E. Wydra Award for Juvenile Justice (May 2015) from Governor's Advisory Board.
CALCASIEU PARISH POLICE JURY:
- Police officer with the Lake Charles Police Department (1984-1987)
- Employed with the Police Jury since 1987
- Began employment as a Juvenile Probation Officer in March of 1987
- Promoted to Senior Juvenile Probation Officer in August of 1994
- Served as Director of Probation/Intake Department 1996 – 2011
- Served as Assistant Director of OJJS 2011 – 2014
- Has been serving as Director of OJJS since March of 2014.