The Homeownership Program allows participants to become first time homebuyers once they are qualified for the program.
The goal of this program is to become self-sufficient and move from rental assistance to homeownership.
The qualifications are as follows:
- Be a Section 8, Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) participant or eligible applicant.
- Be consistently employed fulltime for a year before homeownership assistance starts (Elderly/Disabled individuals are exempt from this requirement).
- Meet income eligibility requirements.
- Be in full compliance with your lease.
- Have not owned a home in the past 3 years.