This guide describes how to apply for jobs with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury. The process consists of the following steps:
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- APPLY FOR A JOB
- INTERNAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- JOB INTEREST CARD
- CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Follow these steps to Sign In:
1. Point your web browser to www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cppj
2. Click Sign In in the top right of the menu bar.
3. If you already created a user account, login using your previously created username and password. Otherwise, Click Create one to create an account, and then enter your new account information.
- If you created an account before, you cannot use the same email address again to create a new account. The email value must be unique.
- If you created an account before and can't remember your username, click on Forgot username. this send you an email with your username.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters in length and contain upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Answer the security questions.
- As you supply correct information for each field, a checkmark on the right indicates that the value is correct, for example:
- Click Create
Keep a record of your username and password.
When you are signed in, your username appears on the right in the top menu bar:
The pulldown menu under your username lets you quickly access common options:
- Use Applications to review all of your job applications.
- Use Inbox to check e-mail correspondence in response to the jobs you have applied for.
- Use Profile to update basic information that you use to apply for jobs, such as work experience. Changes that you make do not update previously submitted applications, but are saved for use when you are applying for other jobs in the future.
- Use Account to edit your contact information, or change your password. If you change your contact information, this information is updated with employers with which you have applied.
APPLY FOR A JOB
To apply for a job:
1. Click on the Apply tab:
2. You can speed completing basic profile information by importing a resume from LinkedIn, or by uploading a file.
3. Next you complete a series of steps (entries or screens). Your progress and current steps in the process is shown on the left. In the picture below, the information step is in progress:
As you work on your application, refer to the progress bar to see the number of items for each entry, and errors. In the next example, the work entry contains eight items, and the questions entry contains errors:
4. For each step, the buttons on the bottom allow you to save or discard your work on this entry.
Although your typing is periodically automatically saved, it is good practice to click on the Save button.
The Cancel button discards any changes you have made since the last save.
For some entries, the Remove link is present. It deletes the current entry (such as previous job), after a confirmation. Once deleted, the data cannot be recovered.
The last time that the entry was saved is also displayed at the top
5. Provide general contact information.
6. Provide previous work experience information.
7. Provide educational information.
8. Provide additional information, including certificates and licenses, skills, and languages.
9. Provide references.
10. Answer any additional supplemental questions. These are general and agency supplemental questions. Depending on the hiring agency, this section may be blank.
11. Upload any attachments, such as a resume or certificates.
You can use Add Supplement Attachment to add additional files. First, use Choose Attachment Type to select the type, and then use the Upload button. If you have previously uploaded attachments, you can use the Recent Uploads button to access these files.
12. Review each section. If there is an error, it is shown in the progress bar and also in the section
Once your application is complete, Click on Proceed to Certify and Submit.
13. On the Certify & Submit page, click on Accept and Submit.
An Application Submitted message confirms that you have applied for the job.
INTERNAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES
THESE PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPEN TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY.
If you are not currently an employee of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, you will NOT be considered for these positions.
1. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. SEE CREATE AN ACCOUNT
2. After your account has been established, you can apply for the job by clicking on the "Apply for a Job" link. SEE APPLY FOR A JOB
This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
JOB INTEREST CARD
1. Click on the Job Interest Card tab
2. Place a check in the box next to each job category for which you would like to receive email notifications, and fill out the required information in the 'Job Interest Card' section, then click the 'Submit Request' button.
3. For the next 12 months after you submit this form, you will receive an email notification each time a position opens with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury whose category matches one of the categories you've chosen. We'll also send you a reminder email in 11 months to give you an opportunity at that time to extend your notifications for another year. To change the results, deselect and reselect the categories by using the Clear All Categories/Select All Categories links or by clicking on the check boxes.
CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
Your username indicates the number of in-progress applications, for example:
You can get more detailed status information for all applications by clicking on Applications in the top menu bar (in the pulldown below your username).
Use the Submitted button to see all applications that you have successfully submitted.
Use the Incomplete button to see all applications that you started, but did not complete.