To manage and maintain the buildings and grounds of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, the Facility Management Department employs a wide variety of skilled tradesmen that include carpenters, electricians, plumbers, HVAC technicians, sign technicians, lawn care professionals and custodians. Together, all of these tradesmen work to provide their services to the governmental offices as well as many offices of the privately-owned businesses which lease space from the Police Jury.
These buildings include:
- The Courthouse Complex, which houses the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, District Attorney’s Office, 14th Judicial Court, Family and Juvenile Court, Clerk of Court, Registrar of Voters, Tax Assessor and the Sheriff’s Civil Division.
- Eleven (11) Parish parks and ten (10) parish boat launches.
- The 901 Building (901 Lakeshore) which also houses the Police Jury’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.
Facility Management assists in similar functions within satellite programs in the Parish. These programs include:
- Community Services
- Housing Department
- Juvenile Justice Services
- Animal Services and Adoption Center
- Business and Career Center
- Fire Training Center
- LSU Ag Center
The Police Jury is the owner of the Burton Coliseum and the Facility Management Department serves as a consultant in the management of that facility as well.