MISSION: To build a cost-effective Capital Improvement Program in a timely manner which will provide roads and bridges that are safe and economical.
The Engineering Department provides the support staff necessary to:
- Design, prepare plans, specifications, reports, and cost estimates for the construction of roads, bridges, drainage systems, and other parish improvements
- Construction administration and inspect these improvements
- Conduct Subdivision and Development reviews for compliance with engineering and surveying standards
- Provide survey support for parish-related projects
- Provide guidance for the installation of signs and pavement markings in compliance with national standards
- Acquire rights-of-way for parish road improvements
- Perform inspections on parish bridges following federal and state mandated National Bridge Inspection Standards
- Provide GIS maps and information support services to the public, parish departments, other general agencies and Police Jury members
- Administer the Calcasieu Parish Road and Drainage Trust Fund
- Prepare the 3 year Capital Improvement Plan
- Review and Permit utility work, load limits in parish rights-of-way.
RAIN GAUGES PROJECT
Did you know the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury has more than 80 rain gauges all over Calcasieu Parish to monitor rainfall and drainage?
Southwest Louisiana is no stranger to rain events. As a result, parish officials want to remind residents that they can visit the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's rain gauge site to monitor rainfall totals in their areas. To do so, go to https://cppj.onerain.com, find the "Rain & Stream Maps" bar and then click on the rain amount you want to view.
To learn about the rain gauges, where they are, and how you can access their data, watch this video: