Born in Alexandria, LA, and has resided in Lake Charles, LA since 1989, married to Fay Lou who is a Supervisor for the State of Louisiana Office of Vocational & Rehabilitation; two children, Richard Jr., and Andy.
- High School: Alexandria Senior High School
- College: B.S. in Business Administration from Northwestern State University, 1976
ACTIVITIES & HONORS:
- Certified Louisiana Emergency Manager
- Professional Member of Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Director’s Association.
- 28 years in Insurance Claims
- 13 years with USF&G Insurance Co. claims supervisor.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
- National Emergency managers Association (NEMA)
- Southwest Louisiana Hurricane Task Force
- State Office of Emergency Preparedness Advisory Committee
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
- Southwest Louisiana Mutual Aid Association
- The American Civil Defense Association (TADCA)
- Louisiana Emergency Preparedness Association (LEPA)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- National Association of EMS Engineers (ASSE)
- Louisiana Claims Association
- Lake Charles Claims Association
- Louisiana Public Risk Management Association (LA PRIMA)
- National Association of Insurance Women (NAIW)
- Insurance Professionals of Southwest Louisiana (IPSL)
- Louisiana Region 18 Communications Planning Task Force (APCO)
- Federal Coordinator of Meteorology Working Group for Environmental Support to Homeland Security
- LA Interoperability Executive Committee
- SWLA Joint Terrorism Task Force
- POST certified reserve deputy, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Louisiana Emergency Manager certification (LEM)
CALCASIEU PARISH POLICE JURY:
- Employed with the Police Jury since 1993.