- When an emergency situation occurs, do you have "the basics" to be able to take care of yourself and your family for an extended period of time? If you haven't already done so, Get a Game Plan here.
Have you registered for CalcaShout, Calcasieu Parish’s Emergency Alert System?
- In an emergency situation, important information will be sent to you via email, text or phone, no matter where you are in the United States. Most importantly, this service is free to the public.
With CalcaShout, you’ll never miss important emergency information; CalcaShout delivers the message to you! Register your information at: www.calcashout.com.
Have you registered with NIXLE to get alerts from police and other emergency agencies?
- Nixle sends real time alerts directly from your local emergency agencies, police etc. Simple text any zip code to 888777. Click here to learn more about registering on your phone.
Do you have a Smart 911 Safety Profile?
- Smart 911 lets you create a Safety Profile for your household that includes any information you want 911 to know in an emergency. Then if you ever need to call 911 the emergency response team can get the help you need dispatched even faster. Click here to get started.
Do you have Special Needs? 911-SNAP can help.
- 911-SNAP is there for you if you have limitations that may require additional efforts by emergency responders or that may hinder your ability to evacuate during an emergency. Click here to sign up.
The CPPJ website will provide official and accurate information
- In the event of a natural threat to Calcasieu Parish, the site will convert to a special emergency portal, providing only essential information related to the emergency at hand.
Do you Facebook? Tweet?
- The Parish accounts of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and RSS Feed will also be active with important information during an emergency. Find more information about our social media activity below.
- We're here to help. You can contact the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness via email by clicking here, or you can call the main number at 721-3800.