|Vyve Cable (Moss Bluff, Westlake, DeQuincy, Vinton)|| Channel 61
|Cameron Communications (Carlyss, Grand Lake)||Channel 99|
|SuddenLink (Lake Charles, Sulphur)||Channel 5|
The mission of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Government Channel is to make local government more accessible and understandable to the citizens of Calcasieu Parish; to inform residents on local government, government services, and public affairs; and to facilitate the exchange of public information.
To view C-Gov's full Operating Policy, click HERE.
The channel will accomplish its mission by:
- Informing citizens on the operations and activities of Calcasieu Parish government and its agencies.
- Increasing citizen access to Police Jury meetings through the televising of these sessions.
- Providing informative public affairs television programs of interest and value to residents of Calcasieu Parish which are not otherwise available or provided by other sources.
- Covering public forums and events of concern and interest to residents of Calcasieu Parish.
- Creating a library of local programming for historical preservation.
- Emphasizing professional quality in the delivery of programming on the channel.
- Ensuring that programming is fair, accurate, and balanced, without regard to partisanship or ideology.
- Using community resources and interns in the operation of the channel in order to support community life in Calcasieu Parish and also to minimize costs.