What/Who Should I Bring?
- An official picture I.D. such as a current driver's license
- Anyone who will be living in the same home with the pet
- Renters should bring either their landlord's name and contact information along with a copy of their lease
How Much Time Will It Take?
- It will take at least an hour to meet your new pet and fill out the necessary forms. We will cease accepting applications one hour before the Adoption Center closes.
Eight Steps to Adoption
- STEP 1: Look at the adoption animals. An Adoption Coordinator can show you the animals that are ready for adoption.
- STEP 2: Fill out paperwork. Adoption applications are available for anyone adopting an animal from the shelter. Click here to print out an application in advance.
- STEP 3: Interview with an Adoption Coordinator. You may be asked a series of questions based on your adoption application.
- STEP 4: Interact with the adoption animals. After the initial adoption application has been approved the Adoption Coordinator will take you back to the adoption area where you can choose a pet. Once you select an animal they will take them out of their cage so you and everyone else who will live with the animal can spend time with your potential pet.
- STEP 5: Adoption Counseling. This final interview helps determine if the animal you've chosen will be the proper fit for your household and for the potential pet
- STEP 6: Complete and Sign Adoption Agreement. The final forms include licensing, fees, health vaccinations etc.
- STEP 7: Payment of adoption fees.
- STEP 8: Schedule a time to bring your pet into your home. Depending on your pet's spay/neuter schedule an Adoption Coordinator will help determine when you can introduce your pet to it's new home.