Spend a Saturday at the Beach - All for a Good Cause - for Beach Sweep 2019
Want to spend a Saturday at the beach - and help save the environment at the same time?
Then, make sure to sign up for 2019' Beach Sweep and Inland Waterway Clean-Up, which will take place 8-10:30 a.m., Saturday Sept. 21. There will be refreshments and an awards presentation from 11 a.m. – Noon.
Anyone can participate, including school groups, youth groups, church groups, businesses, civic clubs, individuals, or even friends and families! Clean-up is encouraged both in and around the waterways. Consider accessing the water by small boats, canoes, kayaks, paddle boats or even paddle boards.
Areas that are included in this year’s clean-up include:
- North Ryan St at River Road (Lake Charles)
- Nelson Rd. Boat Launch (Lake Charles)
- Shell Beach Road at Pithon Coulee (Lake Charles)
- Goodman Road Boat Launch (Lake Charles)
- Calcasieu Point at Big Lake Road (Lake Charles)
- Prien Lake Park (Lake Charles)
- I-10 Beach (Lake Charles)
- I-10 Boat Launch (Lake Charles)
- Anthony Ferry Boat Launch (Westlake)
- English Bayou Boat Launch (Moss Bluff)
- English Bayou (Lake Charles)
- River's Bluff Boat Launch (Moss Bluff)
- White Oak Park Boat Launch (LeBleu Settlement)
- Rossignol Boat Launch (Bell City)
Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to get involved and help in this year’s cleanup. For further information, contact Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's Environmental Coordinator Tara Ross at 337-721-3643 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.