Police Jury Announces Kickoff of 2019's Summer Food Service Program
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Human Services Department’s Summer Food Service Program kicked off June 3 at several Calcasieu Parish locations.
Lunch will be served on daily basis, Monday through Friday, until Friday, July 26. Sites will be closed on Thursday, July 4.
All children ages 18 and under will receive meals at no charge. No registration is required. Program acceptance and participation requirements are the same for all children - regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability. Meals will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis at the following sites and times:
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.: DeQuincy Recreation Center, 507 Oak St., DeQuincy
- 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.: First Baptist Church, 401 S. Huntington St., Sulphur
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.: Sulphur Housing Authority, 312 Brooks St., Sulphur
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.:W.T. Henning Elementary School, 774 Henning Drive, Sulphur
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.:Iowa High School, 401 W. Miller Ave., Iowa
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.:J.I. Watson Elementary School, 201 First Ave., Iowa.
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.:Managan Recreation Center, 1221 Sampson St., Westlake
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.: Westwood Elementary School, 1900 Sampson St., Westlake
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.: Vinton Middle School, 900 Horridge St., Vinton
- 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.: Vinton Recreation Center (Ward 7 Recreation), 1615 Horridge St., Vinton.
All food must be eaten on site – no food can be taken out of the facility.
For more information, call 721-4030 ext. 5111 or visit www.cppj.net/services/human-services.