Tim Conner Receives 'Engineer in Management' Award
Conner began his Police Jury career in 1992. He was appointed as Parish Engineer in 2011.
TheEngineer in Management Award is given annually for distinguished service and focuses on the achievements of the award winner.
Conner's list of accomplishments are numerous. Here's some of them:
- Overseeing an annual road construction budget of $35-50 million
- Developing a comprehensive pavement management system that produces consistent results.
- Focusing on innovative practices such as electronic road inspections and project management for tracking, planning and budgeting projects
- Establishing a document management system for inter-departmental documents
- Helping initiate the "Calcasieu Parish Transportation Initiative," which identifies several key intersections and corridors that are in need of improvements but for which there is no current state funding. In cooperation with DOTD, the parish is initiating professional design services and construction for these roads.
- Implementing project management software for tracking, planning and budgeting projects.
"As impressive as all of his engineering and management accomplishments are, I believe Tim's finest attribute is his character, " said Bryan C. Beam, Parish Administrator. "He has great integrity and a strong commitment to helping others, especially the less fortunate."