Beach Sweep 2016
The Beach Sweep and Inland Waterway Clean-Up 2016 allows you to be actively involved in caring for the environment around you by doing your part to help eliminate pollution. This year’s event will be held on Saturday October 29 (feel free to wear your costumes), with the area cleanups from 8:00am – 10:30am, followed with refreshments and awards presentation from 11:00am – Noon. Click here to view or print out a flyer.
Would you like to be a part of the Beach Sweep and Inland Waterway Clean-Up 2016? Anyone can participate, including school groups, youth groups, church groups, businesses, civic clubs, individuals, or even friends and families! Clean-up is encouraged both in and around the waterways. Consider accessing the water by small boats, canoes, kayaks, paddle boats or even paddle boards.
Areas that are included in this year’s clean-up include;
• North Ryan St at River Road (Lake Charles)
• Nelson Rd. Boat Launch (Lake Charles)
• Shell Beach Road at Pithon Coulee (Lake Charles)
• Goodman Road Boat Launch (Lake Charles)
• Calcasieu Point at Big Lake Road (Lake Charles)
• Prien Lake Park (Lake Charles)
• I-10 Beach (Lake Charles)
• I-10 Boat Launch (Lake Charles)
• Anthony Ferry Boat Launch (Westlake)
• English Bayou Boat Launch (Moss Bluff)
• Rivers Bluff Boat Launch (Moss Bluff)
Please encourage your friends, family and colleagues to get involved and help in this year’s cleanup. Please share this post and spread the word by telling everyone about the cleanup through email, social media and e-vites. If you have any further questions feel free to contact Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Environmental Coordinator Tara Ross at (337)721-3643 or at email@example.com.