|Vyve Cable|| Channel 5
|Cameron Communications Digital||Channel 99|
The mission of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Government Channel is to make local government more accessible and understandable to the citizens of Calcasieu Parish; to inform residents on local government, government services, and public affairs; and to facilitate the exchange of public information.
The channel will accomplish its mission by:
- Informing citizens on the operations and activities of Calcasieu Parish government and its agencies.
- Increasing citizen access to Police Jury meetings through the televising of these sessions.
- Providing informative public affairs television programs of interest and value to residents of Calcasieu Parish which are not otherwise available or provided by other sources.
- Covering public forums and events of concern and interest to residents of Calcasieu Parish.
- Creating a library of local programming for historical preservation.
- Emphasizing professional quality in the delivery of programming on the Channel.
- Ensuring that programming is fair, accurate, and balanced, without regard to partisanship or ideology.
- Using community resources and interns in the operation of the Channel in order to support community life in Calcasieu Parish and also to minimize costs.
(View C-Gov's Operating Policies for more information on its goals and the programs available.)
*See the government channel on:
- Suddenlink Communications channel 5 in Lake Charles and Sulphur.
- Vyve Broadband cable channel 61 in Moss Bluff, Westlake, DeQuincy, and Vinton.
- Cameron Communications Digital customers in Carlyss and Grand Lake can view C-GOV on channel 99.