Dane Bolin, Assistant Administrator
The Office of the Administrator is responsible for the overall supervision and administration of all parish programs and departments, and the execution of parish policies as established by the Police Jury. The primary goal of this office is to keep the vision and mission of the Police Jury in constant focus, and to administer the affairs of the Police Jury with integrity, professionalism and principle. This office must also provide the leadership necessary to give to the members of the Police Jury quality recommendations which will continue the Parish's responsiveness to its citizens in innovative, effective, and efficient ways.
In addition to the oversight of operations, the Office of the Administrator has several ongoing responsibilities:
- Produce the annual budget, in coordination with the Finance Division.
Handle the administration of contracts for the Police Jury. This includes contracts and agreements for road construction, facility expansions, joint service agreements, utility franchises, request-for-proposals, riverboat casino revenue allocation, and a variety of other instruments.
- Oversee long-term planning efforts for courthouse and jail related needs.
- Provide policy oversight and guidance regarding the parish's website, government channel, parish guidebook, and other communication tools.
- Oversee special initiatives such as the Parish's litter enforcement and awareness program, special events, cultural grants program, and others.
- Coordinate and implement hurricane recovery and economic recovery initiatives such as CDBG grants, American Reinvestment and Recovery Act grants, and others.
- Conduct research and analysis to develop policy recommendations.
Make presentations to civic groups and school students.
Administer oil, gas, and mineral leases and property appraisals.
Monitor legislative activities.
Administer polling place and precinct boundary designations.