Toys for Tots Collection Campaign Continues through Dec. 12
Collection Boxes Can Be Found at Several Parish Locations
The annual Toys for Tots holiday toy collection campaign is in full swing.
Collection boxes have been placed at several locations in Calcasieu Parish. Area residents are asked to drop off new, unwrapped toys, for children up to 12 years of age, at any of the following locations:
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 2011 Ryan St., Lake Charles
- Walmart Supercenter, 3415 Gerstner Memorial Blvd., Lake Charles
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 260 Sam Houston Jones Pkwy., Moss Bluff
- Walmart Supercenter, 3451 Nelson Road, Lake Charles
- Walmart Supercenter, 525 N. Cities Service Highway, Sulphur
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury facility, 3001 Industrial Ave., Lake Charles.
A project of U.S. Marine Corps Reserve and coordinated through the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s Human Services Department, Toys for Tots served more than 2,500 children in Calcasieu Parish in 2016.
The project was started in 1947 when the Marine Corps Reserve in Los Angeles collected 5,000 toys to give to needy children. The next year, the campaign expanded nationwide.
The campaign continues until Dec. 15. The toys will be distributed from 1-5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16 at the Lake Charles Civic Center. Children must be present to receive toys.
For information on how or what to donate, call Vida Riggs, Toys for Toys coordinator, at 337-721-4024.